PDA

View Full Version : How to set psTooltip for cImageContainer

Nils G. Svedmyr
26-Sep-2009, 06:10 AM
Hi,

When setting the psTooltip for a cImageContainer, it doesn't appear when hoovering the mouse over the object. What am I missing?

Vincent Oorsprong
26-Sep-2009, 10:04 AM
Does it appear in the examples?

Nils G. Svedmyr
27-Sep-2009, 03:06 PM
I didn't express myself very clearly. I don't have picture gallery, just a cImageContainer object in an ordinary view where I also like to display a tooltip.

When the propery psTooltip is set for that object, nothing is shown at runtime.

Clear as mud?

Nils G. Svedmyr
1-Oct-2009, 06:26 AM
Bump!

Stephen W. Meeley
1-Oct-2009, 08:13 AM
Bump!
Nils,

I believe Vincent is on holiday so he may not be able to respond as promptly as usual.

Nils G. Svedmyr
1-Oct-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi Stephen,

Ok, I see. Thanks for informing me :-)

Vincent Oorsprong
9-Oct-2009, 09:38 PM
Still on vacation... but...

There are two example programs. One is the image gallery and the other one is a database aware version. From top of my mind the tooltip there is set statically.

Ohh, maybe you are hit by the auto tooltip feature? See the helpfile for more information.

Nils G. Svedmyr
13-Oct-2009, 10:27 AM
Vincent,

You were correct in that the pbAutoTooltip was the "culprit". Thank you.

As often with things that looks easy but still doesn't work out quite as expected, it was a combination of things. Here's what caused this particular problem;

A psTooltip text was set for a cImageContainer object in the Studio. Depending on user settings, the image of that cImageContainer gets changed when running the program. This caused the psTooltip text to be changed into something else; namely the path and properties of the image file.

As you explained - setting the pbAutoTooltip to false - fixes the problem.