PDA

View Full Version : Really Happy about the Progress

Boris
14-Aug-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi! I just downloaded alpha III. I'm really impressed about the progress & speed.
Right to the point:

I exported to pdf and the resulting file didn't have the report header & page header section. It also didn't export a simple image file I inserted.

I guess you'll be adding more export formats, IMHO, after you get pdf working right, go for Excel & Word formats.

Email export destination is also needed.

Subreports is a MUST.

Little question. Some years ago, I had to write a special .dll in Visual Basic, which I have to register on every workstation with my application. My dll do some conversions that Crystal didn't have. How is this going to work in the VRW.

I'll also suggest to have somebody already working on a conversion program from Crystal to VRW. Chip's post some months ago really scared me about copyright issues. David calmed me down saying that it could be accomplished. Again, IMHO, the tool to convert is a MUST and SHOULD BE developed along side with the product.

I received the error in the image attached when I tried to open the formula editor. It seems that it has something to do with me having CodeJock Suite Pro 2009 installed. (VDF15).

Finally, keep up the good work.
Boris Reyna

Vincent Oorsprong
15-Aug-2009, 02:48 AM
Boris,

Can you give us more details on how to reproduce the bug report? The installer tests if CJ 12.0.2 components are present and if not it will register them. There should be no conflict with other CJ version. But if you for example removed 14.x after installing VRW you might have this problem.

Boris
15-Aug-2009, 08:22 AM
I think the right order was:
Had VDF 14.1 Installed
VRW Alpha I installed
Uninstalled 14.1
Installed VDF 15.1
Installed CJ 13.1
Installed VRW Alpha III without uninstalling I.

Vincent Oorsprong
15-Aug-2009, 11:02 AM
Boris,

Don't know if it helps but I would always deinstall a previous alpha or beta before installing a new one

Vincent Oorsprong
16-Aug-2009, 03:10 AM
Boris,

We found out what causes the problem. It is the DFEDIT40.DLL. VRW, while build for VDF15 (not 15.1 as you wrote or you have been hacking our development systems) uses the editor COM module that comes with 14.1. It was an oversight. We will change that in the next VRW release.

To solve the problem; Reinstall 14.1 or copy the dfedit40.dll from that installation to the VRW install folder and register the COM module with Regsrvr32 (start, run, regsrvr32 <path to dfedit40.dll).

Boris
17-Aug-2009, 12:14 PM
You're right, my mistake.
I will following your suggestion to see if it corrects the problem.
Thanks Vincent.