PDA

View Full Version : Is this under "What's New"?

Tod Brannen
24-Jul-2009, 05:29 PM
Greetings,

I am new to VDF 15 and maybe I missed something. If I pop up the property panel on a view, there is a property called "Label" with the description I put in there and it can be changed. However, and maybe this is just me, the property panel for a dbForm seems not to have a "Label" property. Now this is on a tiny little view I just created using the view wizard. I wanted to change the label from "Mail Name" to "Name" but could not figure it out. I also looked at an old view that was already in the project when I migrated it over from VDF 11. Still no "Label" property on a dbForm. I did a quick search on the forums also. I know it is going to be something simple and I will feel stupid, but how can I change the label on a dbForm?

Sonny Falk
24-Jul-2009, 05:44 PM
...the property panel for a dbForm seems not to have a "Label" property.

Sounds like an old version of vdfquery which caused this problem. See the following thread http://support.dataaccess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988. That thread is from 2007, so there may be an even newer version of vdfquery available, best would be to get the latest.

Tod Brannen
24-Jul-2009, 06:00 PM
I will check it out on Monday. Have an nice weekend all.

Peter Bosch
25-Jul-2009, 09:16 AM
Tod: what have changed: in VDF 15 Label is not only a single property, now it is a whole group, where you have many properties for the label.

Regards
Peter

Tod Brannen
27-Jul-2009, 11:31 AM
Peter,

Thanks, but this does not explain why I can't see the text for the label "Vendor Name" in the properties, so I can change it. I am going to look at updating my VdfQuery to see if that helps.

Peter van Mil
27-Jul-2009, 11:39 AM
If you don't use VPE you can remove vpe3x.pkg. This will normally solve the problem.

Tod Brannen
20-Aug-2009, 10:32 AM
Basically, I can just type in the code such as:

Set Label to "My Label"
Set Label_Col_Offset to 2
Set Label_Justification_Mode to jMode_Right

Which works of course, but the old way was much easier and not subject to typos.

Michael Mullan
20-Aug-2009, 11:31 AM
Todd,

the label property is there, in the Properties dialog, just not where you expect it to be.

If you scroll down to the very bottom pf the properties list, you'll see the relevant properties grouped under label.

See attached Jpg.

Dennis Piccioni
20-Aug-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi Tod,

did you ever follow the link in Sonny's reply?

Tod Brannen
9-Sep-2009, 02:57 PM
I got the latest VDFQuery and this seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks to all who replied.