PDA

View Full Version : Codejock 13.1 and Formula property

Chris Spencer
7-Jul-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi

Is anyone working with CJ13.1 and if so can they please explain (if they understand) the usage of the formula property.

This is suppossed to allow summing of columns etc

Boy the CJ help is absolutely abysmal.

Nils G. Svedmyr
9-Jul-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi

Boy the CJ help is absolutely abysmal.

Hmm. By abysmal did you mean;
1. of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great. 2. extremely or hopelessly bad or severe: abysmal ignorance; abysmal poverty.
Which one is it? :confused: The word is really ambiguous! :p

- Nils G.

Garret Mott
9-Jul-2009, 11:25 AM
1. of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great. 2. extremely or hopelessly bad or severe: abysmal ignorance; abysmal poverty.

- Nils G.

Wasn't to me! :cool: However, I'd use terms more like "useless", "indecipherable", etc. - so I'll hazard a guess he meant #2. How you ever figured out some of the stuff in QuizMaster is beyond me. Guess you must be smarter than I am!

Nils G. Svedmyr
9-Jul-2009, 11:31 AM
Wasn't to me! :cool: However, I'd use terms more like "useless", "indecipherable", etc. - so I'll hazard a guess he meant #2. How you ever figured out some of the stuff in QuizMaster is beyond me. Guess you must be smarter than I am!

Hi Garret,

Yeah, you're probably right about what he meant - but you can't be sure - can you? ;)

Re: QuizMaster. Nah - I don't think I'm any smarter than you are - I probably just had a lucky moment or two :rolleyes:

- Nils G.

Garret Mott
9-Jul-2009, 11:49 AM
Hi Garret,

Yeah, you're probably right about what he meant - but you can't be sure - can you? ;)
- Nils G.

Hah - I was about 99.999999999% sure ;) Weren't you after spending time in the CJ help?

Nils G. Svedmyr
9-Jul-2009, 12:39 PM
Actually I don't find the CJ help all that bad. When starting developing for the ReportObject (VDF classes) it only took me about a week or so of intense reading the help before I began to understand a little how the component works :D.

To be quite honest I misread Chris message and thought he was referring to the London SIG CodeJock VDF class'es help...

- Nils G.

Chris Spencer
9-Jul-2009, 04:29 PM

- Nils G.

Maybe a language thing Nils
I mean they are hopeless
And I meant the CJ originals

Help like

DataManager
This is the DataManager

D'oh tell me something I Don't know please

BTW I havent seen the Sig groups help

This thread length gave me hope that someone had supplied an answer re Formulas - oh well back to the drawing board

Nils G. Svedmyr
10-Jul-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi Chris,

Sorry that I couldn't help you with an answer re Formulas - haven't looked at them yet.

Re: Abysmal
Yeah, it is a language thing - I actually quoted from a dictionary. And it turns out you can use the word both as in "It is abysmal great" or "It is abysmal bad" - you just need to be specific in what you mean! :D

But I guess what you're saying is that in everyday lingo - it means a bad thing. Got it. :)

Best regards,
Nils G.

Ian Smith
13-Jul-2009, 03:36 AM
Hi Chris

We have not looked at this within the SigCj project. However I have had a quick look and it seems, at the moment, to be fairly limited. I think the only two functions are SUM and SUMSUB (as per the docs) and that they only work when the data has been grouped. I do not know if the grouping can be dynamic i.e. users dragging colums to the group box or if the grouping has to be applied via the various grouping and sorting methods.

Sorry not much help
Regards

Chris Spencer
13-Jul-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes the totalling is extremely limited to the point of why did they even bother!

I sent a few support questions to the CJ crowd and was less tha impressed with the response.

DaveR
14-Jul-2009, 07:43 AM
Although I'd played with the CJ reportclass examples previously I hadn't gotten very far, but similarly I couldn't find much in the way of totalling and subtotalling.
I demo'd a proof of concept using the sigcj reportclass yesterday and unfortunately totals were the first thing the users asked for......

Good job so far and the users lurve the skinned look , but if the tools aren't in the codejock-supplied controls this is going to be a tough one.
:cool:

Ian Smith
14-Jul-2009, 07:56 AM
Formula are new for 13.1. Although we have built the wrapper and .SWS files for 13.1 we have not updated the class for any new features.

I have been looking at this and have a work in progress version of the report class. I need to build a new test view and work out under what condition formula will work. Just adding a formula to the current demo views does not work, so I will need to document what properties need to be set for them to work.

From the Codejock forums I get the impression that they just added the two SUMming functions to see what the response would be. The forum responses also suggest that other functions can be added when requested.

Martin
18-Jul-2009, 07:00 AM
Chris try this!

Set pbRow_Item to True

Property Number pnEstimate
Property Number pnActual

Procedure Refresh_Report
Forward Send Refresh_Report
Set pnEstimate to 0
Set pnActual to 0
End_Procedure

Procedure OnCreateRowItem Integer iColumn Handle hoItem String sValue
If (iColumn = 7) Set pnEstimate To (pnEstimate(Self) + Number(sValue))
If (iColumn = 8) Set pnActual To (pnActual(Self) + Number(sValue))
End_Procedure

DaveR
18-Jul-2009, 01:01 PM
Chris try this!

Set pbRow_Item to True

Property Number pnEstimate
Property Number pnActual

Procedure Refresh_Report
Forward Send Refresh_Report
Set pnEstimate to 0
Set pnActual to 0
End_Procedure

Procedure OnCreateRowItem Integer iColumn Handle hoItem String sValue
If (iColumn = 7) Set pnEstimate To (pnEstimate(Self) + Number(sValue))
If (iColumn = 8) Set pnActual To (pnActual(Self) + Number(sValue))
End_Procedure

Hmmmm, that reminds me of something :D

cobysparks
17-Mar-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi Ian,

Have you looked more at the Formula property?

Thanks,
Coby