PDA

View Full Version : help chm

DaveR
6-Jul-2009, 11:19 AM
Very useful, thanks very much. I've been muddling along before but have decided to adopt more of the codejock stuff and this will be helpful. I'm on vdf15.0, cj13.1.

A little guidance on using the datepicker(s) would be helpful. I'm trying to replace an old 'dateform' class which had bits of various of Vincent's, Sture's, and Frank Cheng's classes in it.

Whichever way I approach it I seem to have dependencies missing.

As I said I've been muddling along, directly including the version-specific cjsig library from my global.sws. However with the datepicker it appears there's a dependency from the
C:\devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\Sigcj Classes v 1 - vdf15.0 cj13.1.0.sws because the popup is actually in the demo appsrc.

Am I supposed to be including the base library and/or the demo? or the wrapper? I've confused myself into a corner.....

I should take bank holidays off, nothing productive happens.:(

Ian Smith
6-Jul-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi Dave

Firstly you need to add the Classes workspace as a library to your application. (Tools / Maintain Libraries) browse to the “SigCodejock Classes v1” folder and (in your case) select the “SigCj Classes v1 – vdf15.0 cj13.1.0.sws” file.

The date picker implemented in the demo is based on the monthly calendar control. See view SigCjMonthCalendarDemo.vw in the demo workspace. This also uses the cSigCjdbForm class (see cSigCjdbForm.pkg in the classes workspace).

We have not implemented the DatePicker or the DateTimePicker. The Monthly calendar is a better control than the DatePicker (especially when used on Vista) and none of us has needed a DateTimePicker.. yet.

DaveR
6-Jul-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi Dave

Firstly you need to add the Classes workspace as a library to your application. (Tools / Maintain Libraries) browse to the “SigCodejock Classes v1” folder and (in your case) select the “SigCj Classes v1 – vdf15.0 cj13.1.0.sws” file.

thanks for the response Ian,

Yeah, that's what I had, and I've tried including the library both directly and as a 'secondary' in my global.sws

Either way I get a string of 'not founds'
- Error 4313: E:\Devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\AppSrc\cSigCJCalendarControl.pkg (ln 284) Include file not found CAL_SYS.DD
- Error 4313: E:\Devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\AppSrc\cSigCJCalendarControl.pkg (ln 285) Include file not found CALEVENT.DD
- Error 4313: E:\Devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\AppSrc\cSigCJCalendarControl.pkg (ln 286) Include file not found CALR_PAT.DD
- Error 4313: E:\Devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\AppSrc\cSigCJCalendarControl.pkg (ln 287) Include file not found CAL_CATS.DD
- Error 4313: E:\Devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\AppSrc\cSigCJCalendarControl.pkg (ln 291) Include file not found CAL_DATE.DD
- Error 4313: E:\Devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\AppSrc\cSigCJCalendarControl.pkg (ln 295) Include file not found CAL_LAY.DD
- Error 4313: E:\Devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\AppSrc\cSigCJCalendarControl.pkg (ln 296) Include file not found CAL_RES.DD
- Error 4313: E:\Devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\AppSrc\cSigCJCalendarControl.pkg (ln 297) Include file not found CAL_SCH.DD
- Error 4313: E:\Devwork\Libraries\sigcj\trunk\SigCodejock Classes v1\AppSrc\cSigCJCalendarControl.pkg (ln 298) Include file not found CAL_SRL.DD

and then a bunch of supplementary errors...
My assumption, as with everything else I haven't read thoroughly :cool:, is that I had omitted something.

Ian Smith
7-Jul-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi Dave

Yes and No :D. I assume from the error messages that you are using the Calendar class. This class has a set of default data tables. These tables are defined in the demo workspace. To use the Calendar class you will need to add these tables to your application file list and copy the relevant files from the Data and DDsrc folders (Cal*.*).

DaveR
7-Jul-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi Dave

Yes and No :D. I assume from the error messages that you are using the Calendar class. This class has a set of default data tables. These tables are defined in the demo workspace. To use the Calendar class you will need to add these tables to your application file list and copy the relevant files from the Data and DDsrc folders (Cal*.*).

Hence my wish for a simpler datepicker ;) ....

I think I may get the 15.0 release done using my old dateform and then come back to this when I continue with the report class. (that's what I said at 14.0, 14.1....)
thanks for the heads-up.................. D

Ian Smith
7-Jul-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi Dave

There is obviously some confusion here. The attached ZIP contains a VDF15.0 test workspace.

I did the following

Created the workspace
Created the test app
Created the test view
Added the SigCj Classes library
Created the test table (no data added)
Added the DDO for the test table to the view
Used the DDO Column Selector and dragged the three fieds onto the test view
Added the line "Use cSigCjdbForm.pkg"
Changed the class of oTest_When from dbForm to cSigCjdbForm
Copied SigCjMonthCalendar.sl from the demo appsrc folder to the workspace appsrc folder
Copied btn-cancel_16.bmp & btn-ok_16.bmp from the demo bitmaps folder to the workspace bitmaps folder
Compiled and run. The prompt button of the "When" field is enabled and shows the Monthly Calendar when clicked.

You will need to remove the reference to the cSigCj Classes workspace and add a reference to your copy.

Having added the classes library to your application workspace you should be able to just drag the controls from the Codejock group on the Class Palette. We have forgotten to add the cSigCjdbForm class :eek: hence the manual code changes above.

DaveR
8-Jul-2009, 08:40 AM
the clouds of confusion part..........................

As you've gathered I was including the whole of the calendar package. <smacks head>

Thanks very much for the help.