PDA

View Full Version : Codejock Treeview and images

Chris Spencer
23-Jun-2009, 12:55 AM
Attempting to use the CJ Treeview and have run into a problem
When i add a node I pass an image that i want to use. The Image manager does return ids as images are added BUT they do not appear on the treeview.
Again am I missing something here or is this a known issue?

Ian Smith
23-Jun-2009, 04:09 AM
Hi Chris

I have not got as far as images with the tree view control as there are lots of other problems – try changing the forecolor / backcolor of an individual node!

DAW have looked at the issues and have concluded that the control "is a bit odd". Sonny is happy that the VDF side of the fence is being setup correctly.

I have a support call open with Codejock and they are beginning to investigate.

Can you send me a copy of your code or a simple test view and I will add the problem to the support call.

Chris Spencer
23-Jun-2009, 04:23 AM
Ian
Checked further into the reeview and yes Sonny is correct, it doesnt even support onchange events.

i revisited my vdf treeview sub class and have refined it even further to be really simple to use
Simple code is as below

Send AddRoot of oTree2 "Accounts" "ACC" //"FOLDERCLOSE.bmp"
Send AddRoot of oTree2 "Finance" "FIN"
Send AddRoot of oTree2 "Admin" "ADM"
Send AddRoot of oTree2 "Resources" "RES"

//
Send AddChildtoNode of oTree2 "ACC" "Acc 1" // to hNode
Send AddChildToNode of oTree2 "ACC" "Acc 2" // to hNode
Send AddChildToNode of oTree2 "ACC" "ACC 2" // to hNode

There still is a bit more to do but the original sub-class I wrote 10 years ago so a lot of better tecniques have been learnt since then and the languafe support (struct etc) allows better internal handling

Vincent Oorsprong
23-Jun-2009, 02:23 PM
Ian,

Don't know if the SigCJ project has a wrapper for the CJ ListView class but this one did not want to work with images too if I remember well and they are both from the same set of controls, right?

Peter Bragg
23-Jun-2009, 03:00 PM
Vincent,

Yes you are correct. We started to look at this (listview) and couldn't get the images to work. You are also right that they are from the same set (the 'xtreme suite controls'). I must admit I haven't revisted this particular control for a while now but something tells me there is probably little point :rolleyes:

Ian Smith
24-Jun-2009, 05:21 AM
Hi Vincent

Yes both part of the same OCX. I am waiting for the response to the Treeview problem before deciding if I should add the Listview to the same issue or start a new one.