PDA

View Full Version : VDF functions

Peter Bosch
19-Jun-2009, 03:17 AM
Is there a possibility to use functions that are written in VDF and that I have in packages in VRW or do I need to rewrite them in VB?

And what is the use of "Open Workspace"?

Regards
Peter

Vincent Oorsprong
19-Jun-2009, 07:38 AM
Peter,

You mean being able to call VDF functions from a programming language like VB?

And what do you mean with the second question? Where did you find this, what is it related to?

Peter Bosch
19-Jun-2009, 08:02 AM
Vincent,

1) Yes: I have many functions in VDF pkg and want to use them in VRW

2) It is in VRW: File - Open Workspace - and I don't know for what I can use it. Because VDF tables I open with Filelist.cfg

Vincent Oorsprong
19-Jun-2009, 09:49 AM
Peter,

Re 1: There is no possibility to use the functions written in Visual DataFlex code from the Visual Report Writer designer. With the integration wizard you should be able to combine work but the array as datasource is not yet implemented.

Vincent Oorsprong
22-Jun-2009, 07:07 AM
Peter,

Re 2; With Open Workspace the DataPath setting from the workspace settings are used. Without a workspace ALL the tables need to be in the same folder where the filelist.cfg resides.

Peter Bosch
22-Jun-2009, 08:55 AM
Ok, I see, but wouldn't it be more intuitive (especially for end user) that you can open the tables with the Open Workspace instead of select a filelist.cfg (or is this planned for future revisions)?

Regards
Peter

Vincent Oorsprong
22-Jun-2009, 01:36 PM
Peter,

There are environments where the workspace concept does not exist. Workspaces via a WS file only exists in Visual DataFlex and only since version v8.

Peter Bosch
22-Jun-2009, 06:05 PM
Vincent,

OK, I agree, but when a workspace exists and I use the command Open Workspace, wouldn't it be logical to open the appropriate filelist? ;-)

Regards
Peter

Vincent Oorsprong
22-Jun-2009, 10:52 PM
Peter,

Ah, that is what you mean. I will put it on the list. Suggestion makes sense.