PDA

View Full Version : Integration Wizard error

Hans van de Laar
12-Jun-2009, 04:34 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to run a Visual Report Writer Integration Wizard on one of my migrated (VDF 14.1) workspaces but got an error indicating that the workspace doesn't have a valid list of datadictionary classes, but it certainly has. I tried the wizard on the VDF 14.1 orderentry sample and this works. I compared the DDClasslist.xml files from both workspaces and noticed the orderentry sample is still using the old 2006 format where my converted workspace is using the format with the availability of using multiple datadictionary classes for a single table (2008 format). Is this causing the error?

DavePorter
12-Jun-2009, 04:36 AM
Hi Hans,

Just confirming I experienced the same thing !

cheers Dave Porter

Microchip
16-Jun-2009, 07:24 AM
IŽll join the club, same problem, but as I see noboy else or they are still thinking about it.......

greg95
17-Jun-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi I have the same problem. A new workspace started with 14.1

Vincent Oorsprong
17-Jun-2009, 08:57 AM
Hans, others,

Duplicated and logged.

Could you please send real bug reports to support@dataaccess.eu.

franco
3-Oct-2009, 11:28 AM
Hello Vincent

franco
3-Oct-2009, 11:32 AM
Hello Vincent, I got the same error using VDF15. If i try to open order sample the VRW wizard work correctly. I create new project native VDF15 with few files, but when I try to open the VRW Wizard I got the error. So I cannot use it. I tried to check out the ddclassclist.xml comparing with order project, correct the first missing line,"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>" but the same try to run the wizard same error. I send the whole project to the support@dataaccess.nl last week but still waiting answers

regards
Franco
Dataflex italia

Nick
5-Oct-2009, 08:34 AM
The problem is logged and reproduced, it will be fixed in the next version of VRW.

If you are interested in receiving the fix now, please send an email to support@dataaccess.nl and we can send you an update: Ask for the VRW Integration Wizard Update.

The update contains a new wizard (.exe) and three updated classes (.pkg). The size of the zip-file is 700k.

Of course we would like to hear if the update makes the reported problem go away!
Nick

franco
6-Oct-2009, 06:57 AM
Hello Nick, of course I would like to receive the update, and i will let you know if it solve the problem.
I seen that problems was the way how the DDclasslist XML was generate by Studio. There was a lot of differences analizying the order project DDclass list that work with VRW wizard , and another DDclasslist.xml generate by one new project.

regards
Franco

jwilk
13-Oct-2009, 04:49 AM
Well interesting thing, we got the update, but now I am told the entire wizard crash's.

Anyone have any ideas, specific details you would like me to get an provide?

Thanks in advance.

Vincent Oorsprong
16-Oct-2009, 08:33 AM
John,

I just tested with the latest and greatest version and I don't see the wizard crashing. Can you please tell us more about what you are doing and where it crashes. Please describe the steps, test if the report itself runs in VRW.

Q: Does the VRW product match with the intergration wizard version? If you are unsure, download the latest version again (an updated total version is present), deinstall the current version you have and install the newest build.

jwilk
19-Oct-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks Vincent. Its 1.40am here and I am at home. So will try this tommorow and let you know.