PDA

View Full Version : VDFQuery progress sentinel

Nicholas Herlick
4-Jun-2009, 05:34 PM
VDFQuery 2.4 uses the VDF status panel to show progress during File output. It looks and works fine in my app version compiled by 11.1. But when I migrated it to 15.0, VDFQuery compiles fine, but during File output, status panel is too small and it does not expose the Cancel button, so there's no way to pause/cancel the report.

Sture, as you work up 2.5, please test File output's status panel for proper sizing and function. I realize that in moving up from 11.1, now VDF uses the internal status_panel (no more sentinel.exe). Is that respoonsible for the crunched look of the File-output status panel or is the sizing problem caused by something else? Any work around? Thanks!

All the best,
Nick Herlick

Bob Worsley
4-Jun-2009, 06:45 PM
This sounds exactly what I encountered a couple of years ago and Sture couldn't duplicate it.

Nicholas Herlick
7-Jun-2009, 06:32 PM
In VDFQuery.utl I was able to set the status_panel to the correct size by adding "set size to 80 166" in "object oBatchCompanion is a cBatchCompanion". But it still has no [Canel] button and no progress displays. However, clicking on the red [X] buttonm does invoke the canel functionality. It's still not right, to the point that it will hold up release of the VDF 15.0 based app until it is fixed. -Nick

Garret Mott
7-Jun-2009, 07:04 PM
In VDFQuery.utl I was able to set the status_panel to the correct size by adding "set size to 80 166" in "object oBatchCompanion is a cBatchCompanion". But it still has no [Canel] button and no progress displays. However, clicking on the red [X] buttonm does invoke the canel functionality. It's still not right, to the point that it will hold up release of the VDF 15.0 based app until it is fixed. -Nick

Hi Nick -

12 & 12.1 dbModal panels had an issue where they shrank a bit each time you opened them. Gradually you'd lose the buttons at the bottom.

Here's some code that fixed that issue. Maybe (with some mods of course) it'll help with your issue?

Procedure Popup
Integer iSizeBefore iSizeAfter
Get GuiSize of Self to iSizeBefore
Forward Send Popup
Get GuiSize of Self to iSizeAfter
If (iSizeAfter <> iSizeBefore) Set GuiSize to (Hi(iSizeBefore)) (Low(iSizeBefore))
End_Procedure // Popup

The last time occurs after the panel closed - but seemed to get the system to remember what its size should be.

HTH

Sture
8-Jun-2009, 04:49 AM
Hi Nick,

I still can't reproduce.

The first thing I'd do if I saw such behavior is to gop through the prp/prn files of the project and make 100% sure that I am not picking up old copies of VDFQuery packages.

I don't know what the second thing would be. Perhaps single-stepping through the activation sequence.

Does it make any sense what Garrett says?

-Sture

Martin Moleman
8-Jun-2009, 08:13 AM
Does it make any sense what Garrett says?

Do you mean: About VDFQuery, about "The Hokey Pokey", or in general? http://support.dataaccess.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Sture
8-Jun-2009, 08:43 AM
I mean _anything_ that he ever said or will say or contemplated saying or thinking, miming, writing or having had tattooed or in _any_ other way have reproduced - EVEN if its semantics wasn't interpreted by him internally but only passed on (up, down, east or left).

Now there's a challenge :-)

Garret Mott
8-Jun-2009, 07:17 PM
Do you mean: About VDFQuery, about "The Hokey Pokey", or in general? http://support.dataaccess.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

The answer is very simple, little or nothing I've ever said has made sense. Even worse, little I've done has made cents..... :cool:

Now the Hokey Pokey stuff (while historically debatable) is very important!

Garret Mott
8-Jun-2009, 07:19 PM
I mean _anything_ that he ever said or will say or contemplated saying or thinking, miming, writing or having had tattooed or in _any_ other way have reproduced - EVEN if its semantics wasn't interpreted by him internally but only passed on (up, down, east or left).

Now there's a challenge :-)

Indeed. I'll have to work on that. Now I just have to figure out what it is I have to do....

Nicholas Herlick
22-Jun-2009, 10:14 AM
The solution was to download 2.4b, then patch in our app's customizations. Now the sentinel works fine. I had been working with 2.4.

Sture
22-Jun-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm glad to hear that.

-Sture