PDA

View Full Version : Problem Registering CodeJock Classes

Nigel Sedgley
1-Jun-2009, 10:21 AM
I know this is not really a VDF or CJ Framework issue, but the documentation/help for CodeJock itself is pretty sketchy so I am posting this here in case anyone has any suggestions.

I have re-written one of my apps to use some of the CJ Framework classes and all works well on my dev machine, so I delivered it to the customer. I first installed it on the machine where the VDF app sits, and all is fine, on the other machine, (which looks at the first one as a networked drive), after registering the new CodeJock .ocxs, it gives the dreaded 'unable to instantiate com object' error when trying to create the CommandBars object. Because I can't get this to work, I can't test all the other CodeJock components, but I have changed the program so that on startup it loads a view that uses both the CodeJock calendar & Message Box controls and they both work fine, so it seems that the issue is with the CommandBars ocx. (The one supplied with VDF14.0 as part of the DAW toolkit worked fine in the previous incarnation of the app). I have registered the control using regsvr32 and it says it is registered (but who believes anything Microsoft tells them!). I have unregistered 'old' copy of CommandBars, have tried new (v13) ones on Network and local machine (re-registering each time) -still no luck.

VDF is 14.1, CodeJock is 13.0.0, O/S is XP, SP3

Anyone got any ideas please?

Vincent Oorsprong
1-Jun-2009, 09:58 PM
Nigel,

The CodeJock commandbars COM modules we use in VDF14.0 is not version 13.x but v11.1.3. You can register these OCX files by running the batch file RegisterCodejockControls.bat.

Nigel Sedgley
2-Jun-2009, 03:29 AM
Hi Vincent, thanks for the prompt reply, but registering the classes that come with VDF is not the issue.

On re-reading my initial post, I see that I have not made it clear that I have bought the latest CodeJock controls (v13.0.0) and am making use of them with the VDF Sig CodeJock Classess developed by Martin, Ian & Peter.

It is the CommandBar ocx in these that is failing to instantiate on one machine, in spite of apparently registering OK. The one supplied with VDF 14.0 worked fine.

Ian Smith
2-Jun-2009, 03:50 AM
Hi Nigel

This could be an Eval / Full License issue. Did you start with the Eval version on your development machine and then buy the full license?

If so did you switch the SigCj library back to the full version license (edit SigCjLicense_v13.0.0.pkg)?

The Eval and Full version of the Codejock controls use different CLSIDs and therefore can co-exist. If you install the Full license over the Eval license the Eval OCXs are still installed and registered, although they do not appear in the VDF Import COM ActiveX list.

Nigel Sedgley
2-Jun-2009, 05:12 AM
Hi Ian

Yes I did start off with an eval license, then went to the full license, but I don't think this is the issue as I edited the CJSigLicense package as required and everything works fine on my development PC.

It also works fine on one of the 2 PCs at the client site, however on the other PC (which looks at the first as a network drive) there is the problem, it is happy to instantiate and use the enhanced message box control and the Calendar popup control, it's the CommandBars ocx that it seems to object to.

Ian Smith
2-Jun-2009, 05:43 AM
Hi Nigel

Sorry didn’t pickup on the Command Bars bit. We use the Command Bars shipped with the version of VDF. This also applies to the Skin OCX.

VDF - Codejock
12.1 - 11.1.3
14.0 - 11.1.3
14.1 - 12.0.2
15.0 - 13.0.0

We use the VDF shipped version of Command Bars and Skinning to ensure that we do not get any compatibility issues.

Nigel Sedgley
2-Jun-2009, 06:22 AM
Hi Ian

Worked a treat - except that I registered CommandBars (& Skin) version 12.0.2 as this was what was in the VDF14.1 Bin folder - It all makes sense now - the reason it worked on the first machine was that I used the VDF install to install it so everything worked, on the 2nd machine I only registered the v13 codejock components, v11 (Commandbars & Skinning) were already registered, but, because I didn't realise that you were using standard VDF CodeJock components for them, didn't register the v12 ones.

Done that now and everything works as it should.

Many thanks for your help