PDA

View Full Version : RSS Feed Information

Brienne Casanave
22-May-2009, 02:13 PM
It has come to my attention that there are members that still have questions in regards to subscribing to the Forum's RSS feed(s) and their availability.

RSS feeds are currently available for the Data Access Worldwide Forum in two tiers of accessibility:

1. You can be notified of all new threads in the entire Forum: If you are on the main page of the Forum that shows all of the Forum categories (Products, Libraries, Community, and Archives), and you select the orange RSS feed icon in the upper right corner of your browser you will be given the option to subscribe to the “Data Access Worldwide Forums RSS Feed.” By subscribing to this feed you will be notified of all new threads in every category and sub-category of the Forum.

2. You can be notified of all new threads in a specific sub-category: If you select a sub-category from a category, “Visual DataFlex” from the “Products” category for example, you will then be taken to a page that shows only threads that are specific to that sub-category. In this case, they would all be about Visual DataFlex. If you select the orange RSS feed icon in the upper right corner of your browser you will be given the option to subscribe to the “Data Access Worldwide Forums – Visual DataFlex - RSS Feed.” By subscribing to this feed you will then be notified of all new threads in the “Visual DataFlex” sub-category of the “Products” category of the Data Access Worldwide Forum.

I personally find that the RSS feeds are quite useful for staying in touch in the areas that I’m most involved with. For example, I’ve subscribed to the RSS feed for the “Events” category because as the Marketing & Events Coordinator for Data Access Worldwide this is the arena that I have the most involvement. I have also subscribed to the top-level RSS feed, however, so I can stay apprised of any other random posts that may interest me.

Please keep in mind that once you encounter a thread that interests you, you can select to “Subscribe” to it from the “Thread Tools” pull down menu. From here you can request to be notified by email, at an interval of your choice, of any updates/replies to the thread, or you can just monitor it from your User CP at your own leisure.