PDA

View Full Version : cSigCjPane

DaveR
16-May-2009, 04:30 PM
I must have a messed up library (trying to keep up with both codejock and the 14/14.1/15 of vdf) , but the above class has suddenly 'gone missing'

In which pkg is it / was it defined? I'm damned if I can find it on any of three installations..... (th advantage of version control - keep all errors in step ;) ):D

DaveR
16-May-2009, 05:02 PM
Hmmmm,
found it in the version of cSigCjDockingPane.pkg in the

\tags\release1.0\sig codejock classes 12.0\appsrc

but not in

\trunk\sigcodejock classes v 1\appsrc

My error or the library's? I'm trying to test with CJ 13

Dave

Ian Smith
18-May-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi Dave

We needed to add support so that docking panes can be added to views as well as the client area. We also needed to be able to save the pane layout per user. These changes results in a major rewrite.

During the rewrite we renamed the classes

cSigCJDockingPane is now called cSigCjDockingManager
cSigCJPane is now called cSigCjDockingPane

You should get the latest version from SVN or download the new install package from the Codejock page of VDFSIG web site (www.vdfsig.co.uk (http://www.vdfsig.co.uk/))

DaveR
18-May-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi Dave

We needed to add support so that docking panes can be added to views as well as the client area. We also needed to be able to save the pane layout per user. These changes results in a major rewrite.

During the rewrite we renamed the classes

cSigCJDockingPane is now called cSigCjDockingManager
cSigCJPane is now called cSigCjDockingPane

You should get the latest version from SVN or download the new install package from the Codejock page of VDFSIG web site (www.vdfsig.co.uk (http://www.vdfsig.co.uk/))

thanks Ian,
I refresh from SVN at least weekly.
Great work on all this, by the way, but if that change was documented anywhere then I missed it. I'm shedding brain cells rapidly so......

DaveR
18-May-2009, 11:01 AM
thanks Ian,
I refresh from SVN at least weekly.
Great work on all this, by the way, but if that change was documented anywhere then I missed it. I'm shedding brain cells rapidly so......

actually, aren't there drawbacks with changing a classname to one thats previously used?

Martin
19-May-2009, 02:52 AM
True:D something we try not to do! I think we need find a better way of keeping everyone informed of changes.

Ola Eldoy
25-May-2009, 12:45 AM
What about using a wiki for the Codejock project? It could be used to keep documentation up-to-date at all times, and anyone interested in the latest changes can access the "recent changes" page (or rss feed).

DaveR
25-May-2009, 08:23 AM
Not specific to the codejock project, but I'd like the startup page concept to be extended so that each project could have its own startup page, maybe defined in the .sws file. That way each developer / dev team could put their notes wherever they want.