PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal scroll bar on out of the box design

Mk@p3rfect
14-May-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi All,
I notice that there is no horizontal scroll bar on the standard out of the box design (don't know what it's called) is there a way of adding it?

Best Regards
Mk

David Martinko
14-May-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi All,
I notice that there is no horizontal scroll bar on the standard out of the box design (don't know what it's called) is there a way of adding it?

Best Regards
Mk
Scrollbar on what part? In the studio? In the design templates?

Mk@p3rfect
14-May-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi David,
I mean on the website. JPG shows the website restored down. Should have a horizontal scroll bar. I've also looked at sites on the web with this design and they are the same. Other designs are Ok

Best Regards
Mk

Edwin van der Velden
15-May-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi Mk,

It seems there is no scrollbar because it automatically wraps the text to the used width, if you scroll down you probably would see all the text of the page as readable. The banner woman isn't considered as content so is ignored for width.

To enable the scroll bar edit WebsiteStyles.css

for html, remove: overflow-x: hidden;
for #container[id] remove: width: 100%;
for #container: add: position: relative;

I have not seen any downsides to this yet, but use at own risk for now :)

Edit: additionally also edit functions.js

replace the function doResize to prevent errors regarding a negative size with:

function doResize()
{
document.getElementById('content').style.width=(do cument.body.offsetWidth>400)?document.body.offsetWidth-400+'px':'0px';
document.getElementById('column1').style.height=do cument.getElementById('content').offsetHeight+50+' px'
}

Mk@p3rfect
18-May-2009, 05:21 AM
Hi Edwin,
Thanks for the code. I see the wrapping now, personally I think that's better than a scroll bar, but it was the client that pointed out the lack of scrollbar to me. I'll see if I can convince him it's better the way it is :)