PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots, please?

raveens
3-May-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi,

I'm really glad that DAW has come-out with its own graphical report writer - nice one!

As we're still on VDF11.1 - can someone please post some screenshots of the new VRW? I'm really curious to see how it looks like.

Thanks

Gregg Finney
3-May-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I'm really glad that DAW has come-out with its own graphical report writer - nice one!

As we're still on VDF11.1 - can someone please post some screenshots of the new VRW? I'm really curious to see how it looks like.

Thanks
It looks like Crystal Reports.

Marco
4-May-2009, 02:28 AM
Hi Raveen,

You do not have to go to VDF15 to have a play. Just download the separate product from www.dataaccess.eu (http://www.dataaccess.eu) by submitting your email address.

VDF 15 will be required for the wizzards and the integration, but you can use it already as a stand-alone application, just like Crystal.

There are some issues with the INT files, that I have submitted to DataAccess, so perhaps stick with playing with tables from the orderentry system.

Cheers,
Marco

Garret Mott
4-May-2009, 06:28 AM
Hi Raveen,

You do not have to go to VDF15 to have a play. Just download the separate product from www.dataaccess.eu (http://www.dataaccess.eu) by submitting your email address.

VDF 15 will be required for the wizzards and the integration, but you can use it already as a stand-alone application, just like Crystal.

There are some issues with the INT files, that I have submitted to DataAccess, so perhaps stick with playing with tables from the orderentry system.

Cheers,
Marco

Hey Marco -

'fraid the readme says differently (at least for the current alpha):

Installation
Before installing the Visual Report Writer Alpha 1 you must have Visual DataFlex 14.1 Studio or Visual DataFlex 14.1 Client installed on your machine.

Garret Mott
4-May-2009, 06:33 AM
Forgot the pic. As Gregg said it's CR - but with VDF toolbars

raveens
4-May-2009, 07:54 PM
Nice! Looks good! Thanks Garret

Peter Brooks
4-May-2009, 08:04 PM
I am not sure who this tool is directed toward. We did a demo at our user group meeting. The main question was where is the source code? Can it be embedded into an application? Is there a cost for the finished product?

Garret Mott
4-May-2009, 09:18 PM
I am not sure who this tool is directed toward. We did a demo at our user group meeting. The main question was where is the source code? Can it be embedded into an application? Is there a cost for the finished product?

Hi Peter -

My understanding is that it is eventually intended (once it gets greater capabilities) to replace/obviate CR for VDF users. Not only that, but as a standalone product to compete with CR.

According to the webinar, they know just how limited it currently is, but that they plan to actively expand it's capabilities - subreports, crosstabs, etc.

It didn't come up during the webinar, but I'd be surprised if the SC became available. I think it's intended (once again, eventually) to be used by developers & to be supplied to VDF license holders by developers with their apps. Don't know the details on that last part.

HTH

Vincent Oorsprong
4-May-2009, 11:16 PM
Peter,

There is a COM interface for embedding the reports in your (VDF) project. I think the next version (or soon after that) will come with examples and an intergration wizard.