PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Hyperlinks

David Martinko
27-Apr-2009, 07:44 AM
While designing this, here is some food for thought.

Assuming we will have the ability to embed this report writer into our own apps, one thing that I really want to do is to connect my report to the application.

I was able to do this with the use of hyper links. I would augment the hyperlink event and then read the value of the hyper link and then call a method which would open the correct view with that record. Perhaps you could design this into the product to make it easier. Easier could just be adding another radio button and it's own event. Whatever the solution, the event handling will have to be handled in the application, not the report writer.

Since this was only available while running within the program, I always struggled with how to let the user know it was available in the preview and not show it on the print out. Underlined blue lettering is good to show a hyper link is available, but not pretty on a report you may be mailing to the customer.

Vincent Oorsprong
27-Apr-2009, 08:36 AM
David,

There is a COM interface for running the reports. Not sure if we distribute the integration classes already but if not it probably will be with the next Alpha.