PDA

View Full Version : Batch Compile

Peter Bosch
21-Apr-2009, 07:26 AM
I have tried the Batch Compile Utility - but when compiling 4 projects I got the following error msg:

P:\ITV\BatchCompile\Programs\BatchCompile.exe
Referenced Array Index Out of Bounds
Error: 4509
MSG_ONCOMENDCOMPILE (5059) - OVDFCOMPILER (52) - at address 24529
[start] - at address 24577

Regards,
Peter

Vincent Oorsprong
21-Apr-2009, 11:33 PM
Peter,

Never seen this, can you give more details?

Peter Bosch
22-Apr-2009, 02:56 AM
Hi Vincent!

I downloaded the pkg, extract it to an own workspace, compiled and run it. Then I select a 12.1 workspace (maybe this is a problem), all 4 projects were shown, I select them all and started it, it began to compile and after a while I get a popup with this error. Do you need more information?

Regards
Peter

Gregg Finney
22-Apr-2009, 04:07 PM
Peter,
Could you send your email address to me at ThresholdOne@Yahoo.com. I have something I would like to send you. To large to attach here. I have attached some shots of the app. running. I think you will like the Workspace Compiler.

Gregg Finney
Threshold Software
ThresholdOne@Yahoo.com

Todd Forsberg
22-Apr-2009, 04:13 PM
Peter,

Do you have VDF 14.1 installed? That may be the problem. I think the BatchCompiler is designed only for VDF 14.1

Todd

Gregg Finney
22-Apr-2009, 04:22 PM
Todd,
Thats the problem.
Gregg

Vincent Oorsprong
22-Apr-2009, 11:22 PM
Batchcompile was designed for 14.1 but the source is there so if anyone wants to redo it for an older or newer version that is possible. Only keep my copyrights and keep me posted if you have improvements that should be in the general stream of the tool.

Peter Bosch
24-Apr-2009, 05:49 AM
Peter,

Do you have VDF 14.1 installed? That may be the problem. I think the BatchCompiler is designed only for VDF 14.1

Todd

Yes, I have 14.1 installed - and I compiled Batch Compile under 14.1 - but then I selected a 12.0 WS to compile this WS.

Regards,
Peter

Vincent Oorsprong
24-Apr-2009, 01:15 PM
Peter,

I think we should avoid that. It makes no sense to try to compile a workspace that is not the same as batchcompile itself.

Bob Worsley
25-Apr-2009, 08:00 AM
I think we should avoid that. It makes no sense to try to compile a workspace that is not the same as batchcompile itself.

I too thought that even though it needed to be run under 14.1, it could compile another workspace's programs - by calling that compiler. Not so?

Vincent Oorsprong
25-Apr-2009, 09:45 AM
Bob,

It uses the 14.1 compiler.

Peter Bosch
27-Apr-2009, 05:16 AM
OK, I tried it now with a 14.1 WS, but get the same error:

P:\ITV\BatchCompile\Programs\BatchCompile.exe
Referenced Array Index Out of Bounds
Error: 4509
MSG_ONCOMENDCOMPILE (5059) - OVDFCOMPILER (52) - at address 24529
[start] - at address 24577

It does the precompile, works a while and then I get this error.
But I have found out, that the exe must be in the same folder as the exes you want to compile, then it works.
If I select a 14.1 SWS that is in another folder, I get this error.
If I understand you right, I have to copy BatchCompile.exe to every workspace I want to compile?

Regards
Peter

Vincent Oorsprong
27-Apr-2009, 08:54 AM
Peter,

No it has been designed to run from its own workspace or from the BIN directory. When I select any 14.1 workspace it works fine.

Can you give me some screenshots, path information or so?

Vincent Oorsprong
27-Apr-2009, 09:24 AM
To All,

The BatchCompiler tool has been updated with an error message when a wrong SWS version is detected. It needs to be a 14.1 workspace.

Peter Bosch
27-Apr-2009, 02:49 PM
Vincent,
The WS is on P:\ITV\Default141, there are 3 libraries on P:\ITV\LIBS141\Global, \Kurant, \VDF and 2 Projects:
"Default RibbonBar.src" and "Default AppBar.src" (a space in the names).
The BatchCompiler WS is on P:\ITV\BatchCompile
When I copy the Batchcompile.exe to P:\ITV\Default141\Programs it works, when I start it with doubleclick from P:\ITV\BatchCompile\Programs I get this error.
Do you need more infos?

Regards
Peter

Vincent Oorsprong
27-Apr-2009, 11:08 PM
Peter,

From the information I have no idea what goes wrong besides that the array with program code to compile is somehow not filled or maintained correctly. I think the best way to resolve is either send me the workspace(s) so I can debug it or you start the debugger and see if you can find it and give recommendations for improvement.

Peter Bosch
28-Apr-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi Vincent,
I will send you the workspaces - can you give me your e-mail? My e-mail is pbosch@infotrans.at

Regards
Peter