PDA

View Full Version : Image Library and Rights Priveledges

ApplauseBoston
20-Apr-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi:

I am working on a Vista system with multiple users, and normally I am prevented from browsing other user info by Vista.

With the IL, I can browse into other user's picture folders at will.

Should I be concerned about this say for network usage?

TIA,
Peter Donovan

Garret Mott
20-Apr-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi:

I am working on a Vista system with multiple users, and normally I am prevented from browsing other user info by Vista.

With the IL, I can browse into other user's picture folders at will.

Should I be concerned about this say for network usage?

TIA,
Peter Donovan

Are you finding pictures your innocent eyes shouldn't see??? :D

Vincent Oorsprong
20-Apr-2009, 11:26 PM
Peter,

I assume you talk about the example program ImageGallery.

I would say that if this program can access the files and it should not have been the case the system administrator did not setup his network protection as he should have. The code there simply uses the Windows API to collect the folders and filenames.

ApplauseBoston
21-Apr-2009, 07:15 AM
Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the speedy reply, however could you kindly test?
Thanks

Vincent Oorsprong
22-Jun-2009, 07:37 AM
Dear Peter,

Sorry that it took a while to further respond. I am at this moment trying to create the official release of the Visual DataFlex Graphics Library and as part of that to log all open issues. At the moment you wrote this I considered it a general rights issue and did not further test. I have now performed a test and (while it was on Windows 7 RC1) I can see the folder of the other users on the machine I cannot see the contents like subfolders or files. When I give a standard user rights to read the information I can go into the other users directory.