PDA

View Full Version : Docking Pane in a View

HenryEgal
17-Apr-2009, 12:10 PM
Hello there!
I am working with the Docking Pane’s in a view. This is working great for me except when I go to pin the docking pane. The pane container goes behind all of the other objects in the view so nothing on the pane can be seen. If I unpin the pane it goes back to the top.
Is there any setting for this? I can attach a screen shot if that will help explain.
Thanks!!

Henry Egal

Peter Bragg
17-Apr-2009, 12:28 PM
Henry,

Well the good news is that you aren't doing anything wrong. The bad news is that there isn't a setting to control this - not at the moment anyway. For now the pane can be docked to the side of a view but cannot be pinned.

If you look at how we implemented this in our example you can see that we set it thus:

Set pbCloseable to False
Set pbDockable to False
Set pbFloatable to False
Set pbHideable to False

..and this is really the only way that it can work for now.

But in most cases this is ok because when used on a view more often than not you simply want a pane to 'slide in' to show comments (for example) that will then remain visible for as long as the focus is within the pane. Then once you move out of the pane it hides itself. If there is a need to pin the pane it suggests that it contains information that needs to be visible, so it may be that a docking pane isn't the best solution - not sure (I'm sure you will give me an example that contradicts what I am saying :))

HenryEgal
17-Apr-2009, 12:43 PM
Peter, thanks for the repsonse! In my case it will be really to slide in and show some inventory history in a report control. I think keeping it visible only when it has the focus makes sense here as well. I had the property pbHideable set to true. I'll change that setting to false to hide the pin. Thanks again!

Henry Egal