PDA

View Full Version : Attachments problem

Yannis
27-Mar-2009, 02:21 PM
I am able to see that there is an attachment to a post but there is no link to the file.
I am on XP SP3 and the issue is for both Firefox and IE.
Any ideas ?

Yannis

Jim Albright
27-Mar-2009, 02:22 PM
Yannis,

I just click on the tumbnails or links displayed to open them.

Yannis
27-Mar-2009, 02:26 PM
Yannis,

I just click on the tumbnails to open them.
Thanks Jim, but problem is I don't 'see' any thumbnail as you can see in the sample image I attached. This is weird........

Edit: I just discovered that I DO see the attachment links in other threads.
Looks like the problem is specific to the thread for Excel and Word packages I was first reading.

Jim Albright
27-Mar-2009, 02:30 PM
Perhaps that file no longer exists. Edited by forum police?

Yannis
27-Mar-2009, 02:33 PM
Probably since I discovered that I am able to see attachments correctly in other threads.
Sorry for the fuss and thank you Jim.

Bob Fenske
27-Mar-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks Jim, but problem is I don't 'see' any thumbnail as you can see in the sample image I attached. This is weird........

Edit: I just discovered that I DO see the attachment links in other threads.
Looks like the problem is specific to the thread for Excel and Word packages I was first reading.

I just checked the original Excel 2003 or 2007 posts in the Open-Source newsgroup and all attachments by Dave Robinson appear to be inaccessible. This would explain the bad attachment link you see in that post...:(

Yannis
28-Mar-2009, 12:15 AM
Yes Bob, these were the posts I was referring to. It just happened I started there :-)
Thank you too for the follow up.

Garret Mott
28-Mar-2009, 07:29 AM
Perhaps that file no longer exists. Edited by forum police?

More likely that Dave thinks he's on Mission Impossible & set his attachments to self destruct in 5 seconds.

Of course he disavows all knowledge of our activities as well....:D