PDA

View Full Version : Help with Task Panels

vmdiego
25-Mar-2009, 03:04 AM
Hello,
I would like to change some properties of a Task Panel, in this case I want to set the property “ComTextColor” of the object “cSigCJTaskPanelGroupItem”. I have tried to put the value of this property inside the “OnCreate” procedure, but this procedure is not executed.

Object oTaskPanel is a cSigCJTaskPanel
Object oGroup1 is a cSigCJTaskPanelGroup
Set psLabel to "Evaluacion"
Set psImage to "Blocks_16.ico"
Object oWAS_Item is a cSigCJTaskPanelGroupItem
Set psLabel to "OWAS"
Set psImage "Blocks_16.ico"
Procedure OnCreate
Forward Send OnCreate
Set ComTextColor to clRed // Here is where a try to set the property
End_Procedure
End_Object
End_Object
End_Object

Could anybody help me?
I think it could be useful for other classes.

Thank you.

Victor M. Diego
A.T. MEDTRA, S.L.

Peter Bragg
25-Mar-2009, 03:28 AM
Victor,

The quickest workaround for this in the short term is to do what you are doing, but instead of using OnCreate, use Private.Create instead..

Procedure Private.Create Handle hoParent
Forward Send Private.Create hoParent
Set ComTextColor to clRed
End_Procedure // Private.Create

This isn't ideal but should give you what you want.

For some reason we are not exposing the ItemText Colour property :confused:.

We will address this such that in the next release you can simply say "Set piTextColor to clRed" (which is how it should be).

vmdiego
25-Mar-2009, 04:46 AM
Thanks, that solves my problem.

Victor

Ian Smith
25-Mar-2009, 06:19 AM
Hi Victor

The Task Panel is scheduled for a rewrite. The coding needs to be brought up to the current standard (at which point OnCreate will be available) and we are adding support for embedded VDF controls. This will enable you to build complex panels such as that used in the Windows XP Search dialog.

The Task Panel is vying for time with Edit Mode for the Report Control and Schedules & Resources for the Calendar Control.

vmdiego
25-Mar-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the information.

Victor

Hi Victor

The Task Panel is scheduled for a rewrite. The coding needs to be brought up to the current standard (at which point OnCreate will be available) and we are adding support for embedded VDF controls. This will enable you to build complex panels such as that used in the Windows XP Search dialog.

The Task Panel is vying for time with Edit Mode for the Report Control and Schedules & Resources for the Calendar Control.

Marco
27-Mar-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Ian,

Just playing with the CodeJock TaskPanel while on the Cruise, but have a question.

I think I like to put the Taskpanel on a dbView. Records are showing also on the view, and based on the status of the record, the task panel must create either more cSigCJTaskPanelGroupItem's or remove some.

I know it does not make that much sense, but the whole explanation is perhaps too large, but to oversimplify, see it as a 'print order' button that only appears when saved. So not enabled set to false, but actually not being there.

I believe this is currently not possible, but is this in the plan for the 'rewrite'?

Cheers,
Marco

Ian Smith
28-Mar-2009, 03:18 AM
Hi Marco

You sad man. This is just so you can say you have been working and offset the cruise against tax :p.

Do you want to be able to dynamically create and destroy task panel groups / items or do you just want to be able to hide groups / items or is it both?

Marco
28-Mar-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi Ian,

Hide is ok. Perhaps create destroy is better. What I really intend to do is to have the task panel next to the Telnet Client ActiveX running DF3.2 on linux. Depending on what program the user is running in the character mode, it must create the 'button bar' in the task panel. So for just hiding the total task panel would be hundreds of options, so perhaps destroy and create is better.

The goal is then that we can convert some dialogs to VDF while keeping all the main screen (1765 of them) in Character mode. When clicking the task panel item, we still send eg F8 to the OCX, or start our a vdf view.

Cheers,
Marco

ps. This is not to offset the cruise, but perhaps for offsetting the internet connection... NOT CHEAP!!!