View Full Version : Mark Thread as Read

Chris Spencer
3-Mar-2009, 03:00 PM
Is thre an option to mark a complete thread as "READ"

Dennis Piccioni
3-Mar-2009, 03:39 PM

Hi Chris,

not that I'm aware of. It's a research item for now.

Garret Mott
3-Mar-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi Chris,

not that I'm aware of. It's a research item for now.

How bizarre! Not you Dennis, well, maybe... anyway -

The forum tools (which seem much the same as Thread tools) have a "mark forum as read" option. One would think the same option could be applied to/would be available for Threads.

Oops, I believe I just tried to apply logic to a software package. What was I thinking of????

:rolleyes:

Joe Coley
3-Mar-2009, 04:58 PM
Clearly you were NOT thinking, (...or maybe NOT thinking clearly?)

Chris Spencer
4-Mar-2009, 06:41 AM
Figured there wasn't one but thought.. nah! there has to be. Oh well

Joe Coley
4-Mar-2009, 06:49 AM
One of the reasons I've found using the new forum taking more time than I spent with the old is that I can't just mark a thread as read. My solution was to start with marking the forum as read so I had a starting place (I marked each of the forums as read). From that time on I've been using the "New Posts" and that has minimized, or at least spread out all the "clicking" I didn't have to do in the old NG's

Bob Worsley
4-Mar-2009, 07:01 AM
I'm using New Posts too, and I've found that if I go into a thread and immediately get out, then click New Posts again, the thread is removed from New Posts. Unless it's got multiple pages, then you have to click each page. Lots of clicking, but it can be done.

David Martinko
30-Mar-2009, 08:45 AM
It appears that while viewing a thread and pressing F5 to refresh the page causes the entire thread to be marked as read.