PDA

View Full Version : Re: Problems using embedded sql against Pervasive database.

Stephen W. Meeley
1-Jun-2005, 09:37 AM
Karl,

Yes, you should receive two codes (while paying only for the PSQL CK).

Best regards,

-SWM-

-----Original Message-----
Posted At: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 3:18 AM
Posted To: data-connectivity
Conversation: Problems using embedded sql against Pervasive database.
Subject: Re: Problems using embedded sql against Pervasive database.

Thanks.
So when we buy a conn. kit v. 2 we should get 2 registration codes. One for Pervasive conn. kit, and one for the ODBC conn. kit ?

From Daccess website:
* Access Pervasive data through Embedded SQL - at no extra cost, each DataFlex Connectivity Kit for P.SQL V8 rev. 2.0 will include the DataFlex Connectivity Kit for ODBC with its Embedded SQL capabilities.

Regards
Karl

"Stephen Meeley" <stephen-m@dataaccess.com> wrote in message news:dBJOiNeZFHA.2876@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
Karl,

You can't use the PSQL CK code to run the ODBC CK. You should have two codes, one for the PSQL CK and one for the ODBC CK.

The older registration programs (anything before the new one in VDF 11.0) would accept any code, even if it was for the wrong product.

Best regards,

-SWM-

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl A. Sørensen [mailto:kas@kamstrup-ems.no] Posted At: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 5:35 AM Posted To: data-connectivity
Conversation: Problems using embedded sql against Pervasive database.
Subject: Problems using embedded sql against Pervasive database.

I have installed the connectivity kit version 2.0.0.236 for Pervasive.SQL, and I want to test embedded SQL against our Pervasive database. I use our registration key for Pervasive.SQL connectivity kit to register the ODBC connectivity kit, and I get a message telling me that I have successfully registered the ODBC connectivity kit. I now use the databasebuilder to "Connect to odbc", select our system DSN, select a table to connect to, select some indexes, and all is ok. I can view the file in dbbuilder and the data in dbexplorer.

I then try to use embedded sql to connect to our database in the following
way:

Move (Create(self,U_cSQLHandleManager)) to hSQL
Get SQLConnect Of hSQL ODBC_DRV_ID "DSN=DG10" To hDb

Problem:
This produces an error message "Dataflex is not installed in termlist.cfg, please run DFSETUP. ODBV_DRV.CFG. Error number: 28676"

Any idea what is wrong ??

I have tried to install the conn. kit again. I have tried to delete the ..DFR and .CFG file, and register again, but nothing helps.

Regards
Karl