PDA

View Full Version : Vdfgrid



gs
9-Nov-2007, 05:03 AM
Hi team,

2 minor remarks on the vdfgrid:
- checkboxes in a vdfgrid are displayed only in the current row; in
other rows the textvalue is shown.

- F5 (Clear, not Clear_All) on a grid-row, with no changes at all,
results in a browser (FireFox) dialog 'Abandon changes?' OK/Cancel.
Neither OK nor Cancel results in a Clear.

Gerard.

Harm Wibier
12-Nov-2007, 03:10 AM
Hello Gerard,

You can have checkboxes in a displayrow. In HTML this looks like:
<tr vdfRowType="display"><td><input type="checkbox" name="display_check1"
vdfDataBinding="mytable__mycheckboxfield" /></td></tr>

Can you tell a bit more about the situation in which this occurs? It is a
known problem that IE still reloads the page (while the AJAX Library cancels
the keypress event) which can be fixed by changing the clear key.

--
Regards,


Harm Wibier
Data Access Europe B.V.
http://www.dataaccess.nl/

"gs" <gs@laarmanvwaay.nl> wrote in message
news:qrVVGfrIIHA.4116@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
> Hi team,
>
> 2 minor remarks on the vdfgrid:
> - checkboxes in a vdfgrid are displayed only in the current row; in other
> rows the textvalue is shown.
>
> - F5 (Clear, not Clear_All) on a grid-row, with no changes at all,
> results in a browser (FireFox) dialog 'Abandon changes?' OK/Cancel.
> Neither OK nor Cancel results in a Clear.
>
> Gerard.

gs
12-Nov-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks for your reply Harm.

> You can have checkboxes in a displayrow. In HTML this looks like: [etc]

OK, I see. Still I have something left to grumble: the checkboxes are
now displayed for ALL rows: not only the 'real' gridrows plus the 'new'
gridrow, but also in all the 'virtual' rows that remain from the number
given in gridparameter vdfRowLength. The unsuspecting end-user would not
know what to think of rowdata extending beyond a 'new' row.

> - F5 (Clear, not Clear_All) on a grid-row, with no changes at all,
results in a browser (FireFox) dialog 'Abandon changes?' OK/Cancel

This happens with me (both in IE and FireFox) on a child-grid, not only
on pressing F5 but also clicking the Clear-button on the toolbar (I'm
using the standard toolbar as supplied by you). It happens also in both
childgrids of the 'Contacts' example. Clear on a childgrid should not do
anything anyway, I suppose, so this is really an academic issue.

Gerard.



Harm Wibier schreef:
> Hello Gerard,
>
> You can have checkboxes in a displayrow. In HTML this looks like:
> <tr vdfRowType="display"><td><input type="checkbox" name="display_check1"
> vdfDataBinding="mytable__mycheckboxfield" /></td></tr>
>
> Can you tell a bit more about the situation in which this occurs? It is a
> known problem that IE still reloads the page (while the AJAX Library cancels
> the keypress event) which can be fixed by changing the clear key.
>

Anders Ohrt
12-Nov-2007, 10:36 AM
> > You can have checkboxes in a displayrow. In HTML this looks like: [etc]
>
> OK, I see. Still I have something left to grumble: the checkboxes are now
> displayed for ALL rows: not only the 'real' gridrows plus the 'new'
> gridrow, but also in all the 'virtual' rows that remain from the number
> given in gridparameter vdfRowLength. The unsuspecting end-user would not
> know what to think of rowdata extending beyond a 'new' row.

For lists, you set vdfCssEmptyRow="EmptyRow" and then use CSS to hide the
checkboxes:

table tr.EmptyRow input
{
visibility: hidden;
display: none;
}

I have not tried if grids differ, but I don't think so.

// Anders

gs
13-Nov-2007, 04:42 AM
Yes sir, thank you! I have some reading up to do on these things..

Gerard.


Anders Íhrt schreef:
>>>You can have checkboxes in a displayrow. In HTML this looks like: [etc]
>>
>>OK, I see. Still I have something left to grumble: the checkboxes are now
>>displayed for ALL rows: not only the 'real' gridrows plus the 'new'
>>gridrow, but also in all the 'virtual' rows that remain from the number
>>given in gridparameter vdfRowLength. The unsuspecting end-user would not
>>know what to think of rowdata extending beyond a 'new' row.
>
>
> For lists, you set vdfCssEmptyRow="EmptyRow" and then use CSS to hide the
> checkboxes:
>
> table tr.EmptyRow input
> {
> visibility: hidden;
> display: none;
> }
>
> I have not tried if grids differ, but I don't think so.
>
> // Anders
>
>