PDA

View Full Version : Visual DataFlex AJAX Libraray 1.1 Beta 2 is available for download

Eddy Kleinjan
23-Oct-2007, 07:34 AM
Data Access Europe is pleased to announce the availability of the Beta 2 Release of the Visual DataFlex AJAX Library 1.1.

You can download this release by going to http://www.dataaccess.nl and select "AJAX 1.1 Beta 2" from the "Download->Libraries" menu.

Attached to this message you will find the release notes. If you need support and/or want to make remarks, please leave them here in the newsgroup.

Eddy Kleinjan
Data Access Europe

Bob Worsley
23-Oct-2007, 06:53 PM
Bravo! The release notes show a lot of new stuff.

1) Download from the DataAccess.nl site with FireFox set as your default browser, and have it write to a file, I get "Visual" as the file name. Same as for the last release. Rename to .exe and all works fine.

2) Upon running the executable I get a warning that "The Visual DataFlex AJAX Library 12.1 has been designed to work with Visual DataFlex 12.1. This version cannot be found on this system." Not true. I don't have the released version, but I have the release candidate, would that be the reason? The only other reason I can think of is that I don't install VDF in the default location under Program Files.

Bob

"Eddy Kleinjan" <eddy.kleinjan@dataaccess.nl> wrote in message news:j2y3hEXFIHA.2312@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
Data Access Europe is pleased to announce the availability of the Beta 2 Release of the Visual DataFlex AJAX Library 1.1.

You can download this release by going to http://www.dataaccess.nl and select "AJAX 1.1 Beta 2" from the "Download->Libraries" menu.

Attached to this message you will find the release notes. If you need support and/or want to make remarks, please leave them here in the newsgroup.

Eddy Kleinjan
Data Access Europe

Harm Wibier
24-Oct-2007, 01:50 AM
Hello Bob,

Your first point seems to be a Electos bug.. I've forwarded it to the Electos team.

--
Regards,

Harm Wibier
Data Access Europe B.V.
http://www.dataaccess.nl/
"Bob Worsley" <bworsley@comcast.net> wrote in message news:VmVCr$cFIHA.4204@dacmail.dataaccess.com...

1) Download from the DataAccess.nl site with FireFox set as your default browser, and have it write to a file, I get "Visual" as the file name. Same as for the last release. Rename to .exe and all works fine.

2) Upon running the executable I get a warning that "The Visual DataFlex AJAX Library 12.1 has been designed to work with Visual DataFlex 12.1. This version cannot be found on this system." Not true. I don't have the released version, but I have the release candidate, would that be the reason? The only other reason I can think of is that I don't install VDF in the default location under Program Files.

Bob

"Eddy Kleinjan" <eddy.kleinjan@dataaccess.nl> wrote in message news:j2y3hEXFIHA.2312@dacmail.dataaccess.com...

Eddy Kleinjan
Data Access Europe

Per Thomson
24-Oct-2007, 03:12 AM
Harm!
Also the second point have to be a bug. I have installed the released version of 12.1 and registered. The message also said I can go on with the installation but the examples and the wizards will not work. I interupted the installation and wait for further instructions.
BTW, My 12.1 installation is NOT under the default "C:\Program Files" folder.

Regards
Per T.
"Harm Wibier" <harm.wibier@dataaccess.nl> wrote in message news:mD2uzogFIHA.752@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
Hello Bob,

Your first point seems to be a Electos bug.. I've forwarded it to the Electos team.

--
Regards,

Harm Wibier
Data Access Europe B.V.
"Bob Worsley" <bworsley@comcast.net> wrote in message news:VmVCr$cFIHA.4204@dacmail.dataaccess.com...

Bob

Eddy Kleinjan
Data Access Europe

Mervin Willemsz
24-Oct-2007, 07:35 AM
Hello Bob and Per,

I'm looking into the problem right now. Is it possible that you report what path name/structure you are using? It looks like the problem occurs when diviating from the standard Visual DataFlex 12.1 name convention. Thanks for reporting.

best regards,

Mervin Willemsz
Data Access Europe BV

"Per Thomson" <per.thomson@wtnord.net> wrote in message news:oOK2eWhFIHA.5772@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
Harm!
Also the second point have to be a bug. I have installed the released version of 12.1 and registered. The message also said I can go on with the installation but the examples and the wizards will not work. I interupted the installation and wait for further instructions.

Regards
Per T.
"Harm Wibier" <harm.wibier@dataaccess.nl> wrote in message news:mD2uzogFIHA.752@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
Hello Bob,

--
Regards,

Harm Wibier
Data Access Europe B.V.

Bob

Eddy Kleinjan
Data Access Europe

Per Thomson
24-Oct-2007, 07:49 AM
"D:\PROG\VDF121\"
Per
"Mervin Willemsz" <mervin.willemsz@dataaccess.nl> wrote in message news:7gpwqpjFIHA.5772@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
Hello Bob and Per,

I'm looking into the problem right now. Is it possible that you report what path name/structure you are using? It looks like the problem occurs when diviating from the standard Visual DataFlex 12.1 name convention. Thanks for reporting.

best regards,

Mervin Willemsz
Data Access Europe BV

"Per Thomson" <per.thomson@wtnord.net> wrote in message news:oOK2eWhFIHA.5772@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
Harm!

Regards
Per T.
Hello Bob,

--
Regards,

Harm Wibier
Data Access Europe B.V.

Bob

Eddy Kleinjan
Data Access Europe

Jim Spence
24-Oct-2007, 08:34 AM
I am on VDF 12.1.124.8, the released version. Also got the warning
about vdf12.1 not installed. Went ahead anyway and everything seems
to be working fine.

Studio installed to C:\VDF12.1
Library installed to C:\VDFAjaxLib1.1

Mervin Willemsz
24-Oct-2007, 09:21 AM
Hi all,

I found the problem, and it will be solved in our next release.
If you are comfortable with the Windows register (regedit.exe) you can work around it for now.

Go to:
HKLM\Software\Data Access Worldwide\Visual DataFlex\12.1\Defaults\VDFRootDir

Store or remember your VDFRootDir value. (for me its: C:\Program Files\Visual DataFlex 12.1\)

Change the value data of VDFRootDir temporarily to:
C:\<anything>\Visual DataFlex 12.1\

Run the AJAX 1.1 Beta 2 setup. The will run and complete the installation as required.

Important: Set the VDFRootDir back to what it was in your situation.

Thanks.

Mervin Willemsz.
"Per Thomson" <per.thomson@wtnord.net> wrote in message news:cc7IyxjFIHA.752@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
"D:\PROG\VDF121\"
Per
"Mervin Willemsz" <mervin.willemsz@dataaccess.nl> wrote in message news:7gpwqpjFIHA.5772@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
Hello Bob and Per,

best regards,

Mervin Willemsz
Data Access Europe BV

Harm!

Regards
Per T.
Hello Bob,

--
Regards,

Harm Wibier
Data Access Europe B.V.

Bob

Eddy Kleinjan
Data Access Europe

Roel Westhoff [W4]
24-Oct-2007, 01:40 PM
Any ideas where this errors comes from
Installation vdf 12.1.124.8

Eddy Kleinjan
Data Access Europe

Bob Worsley
24-Oct-2007, 08:43 PM
The version number in cAjaxSessionManager.pkg doesn't match the version number in the meta data. Checked in cAjaxWebServiceInterface.pkg. Probably something in your upgrade didn't get updated. Or recompiled...
Bob
"Roel.Westhoff[W4]" <roel.westhoff@wesmoll.com> wrote in message news:29Edn1mFIHA.2312@dacmail.dataaccess.com...

Any ideas where this errors comes from
Installation vdf 12.1.124.8

Eddy Kleinjan
Data Access Europe

Jim Spence
26-Oct-2007, 08:13 AM
Hello Mervin,

I get errors when I replace the registry value and re-run the install:
"Could not execute the external command C:\t\Visual DataFlex
12.1\wincrtfdir.exe"

See attached screen shots.

I think I have all the library files OK, but I'm definately missing
wizard .exe's. (I did a clean install of the official v12.1, so lost
all my Ajax Frameworkv1.1 Beta 1 wizards.) Could you simply send or
post separately the Ajax wizards and I simply drop them in my bin?

Regards,

Jim

Jim Spence
26-Oct-2007, 08:13 AM
This is a blank page.

Jim Spence
26-Oct-2007, 08:23 AM
Sorry all - I'm clearly not a Forte Agent expert.

Hello Mervin,

I did the workaround and encountered the error messages which are
boldly displayd for all to see now (very sad).

I have the library files OK, but lack the wizard exe's. Could you
simply send to me or post them on my ftp site and I drop them in the
bin? I did a clean install of vdf 12.1 and so lost all Beta 1
wizards.

Larry R Pint
12-Dec-2007, 02:42 PM
Jim,

I'm having the same issues. Did this ever get resolved? I don't see any
solution in this thread.

Larry Pint
SOFT-STAR, Inc.

"Jim Spence" <Jim.Spence@hcss.com> wrote in message
news:t5q3i3h3d15bsj7glt42v63v9isjpbslhr@4ax.com...
> Sorry all - I'm clearly not a Forte Agent expert.
>
> Hello Mervin,
>
> I did the workaround and encountered the error messages which are
> boldly displayd for all to see now (very sad).
>
> I have the library files OK, but lack the wizard exe's. Could you
> simply send to me or post them on my ftp site and I drop them in the
> bin? I did a clean install of vdf 12.1 and so lost all Beta 1
> wizards.
>

Mervin Willemsz
13-Dec-2007, 03:57 AM
Hi Larry,

This issue was found and marked as an bug. Meanwhile we are progressing to
our next release with several updates including this bugfix.
Thanks for notifying.

best regards,

Mervin Willemsz
Data Access Europe.

"Larry Pint" <larry.pint@ntuminc.com> wrote in message
news:XbN6mcPPIHA.4932@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
> Jim,
>
> I'm having the same issues. Did this ever get resolved? I don't see any
> solution in this thread.
>
> Larry Pint
> SOFT-STAR, Inc.
>
> "Jim Spence" <Jim.Spence@hcss.com> wrote in message
> news:t5q3i3h3d15bsj7glt42v63v9isjpbslhr@4ax.com...
>> Sorry all - I'm clearly not a Forte Agent expert.
>>
>> Hello Mervin,
>>
>> I did the workaround and encountered the error messages which are
>> boldly displayd for all to see now (very sad).
>>
>> I have the library files OK, but lack the wizard exe's. Could you
>> simply send to me or post them on my ftp site and I drop them in the
>> bin? I did a clean install of vdf 12.1 and so lost all Beta 1
>> wizards.
>>
>
>