After a lot of work and several dead ends I now have Dataflex 18 cWebviews working in Electos 4.5. Spent an enormous amount of time attempting to re-use the default Electos cookie in the session management in 18. This was one big dead end. Finally realized it was easier to let DF 18 use it's own session management and ended up writing a procedure to just read the electos cookie in OnLoad of my cWebview. The other hard part that ended up being a lot easier than I thought was to get the find, clear, save etc. toolbars to display in a cWebview running inside electos. Spent yet again a LOT of time trying to run a full web app and load a view via ASP code in my ASP template, thinking I needed to run the full web app in order to get the command bar. Another dead end. I finally just threw caution to the wind and put a command bar in my cWebview and it worked. Now I set the visible state of the command bar on/off depending on if the view is running inside of electos or not. One thing of note - the command bar does not seem to support pbRender so I am left using pbVisible.

The great news is that it is now relatively simple to do the integration of the views . I have subclasses that handle all of this.