Last year I jumped from VDF7 to VDF 16 and bought the matching Crystal Reports XI, intending to jump from CR 8 to XI. Apart from the headaches studying the changes in both CRXI and VDF's interface to design reports, I've had one major issue with CRXI.

Installed perfectly, played with it, started the study cycle, however, later on just doing other things on my computer came the problem. A couple of programs, nothing to do with CR or VDF, when I start them up, Crystal Reports starts to reinstall itself. I cancel a couple of time and the other programs continue to work as they should.

So I uninstalled Crystal Reports XI (and the Dataflex connectivity Kit) and reinstalled. The installation ran differently and I had a couple of install errors, but it finally installed. Still the auto install started up when I ran a couple of other programs.

The short version: I've uninstalled and reinstalled CRXI at least a dozen times and each time the program gets worse. Reinstal rarely runs exactly the same way twice and now I can't even start up CRXI itself without it trying to reinstall itself. When I cancel the auto-install it runs normal and allows me to open reports, etc but I've completely lost faith in this version and haven't touched it for months. Fortunately all the original CR8 reports continue to run perfectly with VDF 16.1

Does anyone have any ideas, observations, suggestions ?
I love CR8, I have no faith in CRXI - can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance
Frank