I am using Notepad++ as my editor for DF 3.2 for Windows development. I have it set up to compile from the editor. (But compiling from a DOS command line also exhibits the same problem.)

This is all old DF 2.3b code that has been recompiled in DF 3.2 and has been working under Linux for many years. I'm now trying to move it to Windows.

Some of the #INCLUDE files are not being found by the compiler, as per this error:

Compiling Program: newforms.frm
#INCLUDE get_irout.mac
ERROR: 151 INCLUDE FILE, GET_IROUT.MAC, NOT FOUND ON LINE: 427 (17) OF FILE: newforms.frm

There are two #INCLUDE lines in this program:

#INCLUDE get_env.mac
#INCLUDE get_irout.mac

One works and the other doesn't. The order doesn't matter, the same one always fails. The program doesn't matter, the same thing happens with other source code files. The include files are both located in the same folder, which is in the DFPATH (as set in dfenv.cfg). A search on my computer does not find any other occurances of either file. I can edit and resave both files.

It is not just this "get_irout.mac" that fails. It is also not finding some other files that are #INCLUDE'd (in other programs). It is not just "get_env.mac" that works, there are others that work fine (in this and other programs). The files that fail, fail from every program that uses them. The files that work, work from every program. Again, they are all in the same folder (./mac - the full path is C:\DF32Proj\mac, C:\DF32Proj is my working directory).

I'm baffled and bewildered but certainly NOT amused. Anybody have any ideas as to why (how) this might be happening?

TIA

p.s. When I figure this out, I'm sure it's going to be something stupid that I'm doing ... another "DOH!" moment!